I love words. I think that may be a little obvious, but I do. I love that our language is so diverse, and I love that one word if used one way, could mean something completely different if used another way.
Now, I have found that while reading I find myself longing for better words. Wishing for something that really excites my brain and tastes sweet as I speak it out loud. So if you’re like me, and you’re looking for better words to use while writing, here is my list of 5 words we should be using:
- Aflame – Instead of using excited
- Despondent – Instead of using sad
- Aghast – Instead of using anxious
- Clamorous – Instead of using loud
- Quake – Instead of shiver
So there you go, my 5 words we should be using. Do you have any more? I’d love to hear them and let’s start the next list!